Sunday, March 5, 2017

Oladi

So for those of you who read my post about homemade cottage cheese, you know that you will have about a gallon or more of liquid leftover from that. And I said I'd share a recipe you can use that liquid in. So here we go! We call them Russian pancakes but they don't taste like pancakes at all. Their real name is Oladi (Оладьи). The recipe I got was in Russian so I had to convert everything into cups. From this recipe you will get A LOT of oladi. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot!! I didn't need that much but my pile was growing and growing! :) So if you have a small family, cut the recipe in half.

You will need.
4 1/2 cup of your liquid from cottage cheese (I guess you can substitute with buttermilk, but I can't guarantee anything here)
Approximately 4 cups of flour (the dough needs to be thick- not too liquidy, but also not too thick).
3 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
1.5 tsp of baking soda.

Directions
If you are using liquid that's left over after the cottage cheese - warm it up, but do not boil. Add sugar and salt. Mix it. Add to flour. Then add baking soda. Mix well.

Preheat your frying pan with some oil. Fry until bubbly on each side.


I spent around 30 minutes total on this recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment