Thursday, July 11, 2013

Meatballs Russian way.

My mom always made them for me when I was a child. And I loved them! So I decided to make them here (in the States) and they turned out great!! Even better than my mom's. LOL. :-)
You can also freeze them (non cooked) and then when you need something quick for dinner but you are tired to cook you can just put them in the oven and your dinner/lunch is ready in 45 minutes! I usually serve them with mushed potatoes. You don't need gravy because meatballs  go with yummy sauce. :-)
You will need:
1,5 pounds of ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1 egg
3 slices of bread
1/4 cup of milk
Salt and pepper
For sauce
2 carrots
1 medium  onion
1 can of cream of mushrooms
2/3 cup of heavy cream.
 Directions 
Dice
onion and carrots. Saute them for 2-3 minutes. Add cream of mushrooms and heavy cream. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Sauce is ready. Put it aside.
Mix ground beef, egg, salt and pepper and rice.
In a separate small bowl - put 3 slices of bread and add milk. Let bread  soak in it for a minute. Then add bread slices (not too moist) to the ground beef mixture. Mix well. Form meat balls. Spray 9/9 casserole dish with cooking spray. Put meatballs and sauce over them. Cover with foil and bake at 350F 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. And they are ready! Can be frozen.

Half cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment