Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Healthy dinner in 10 minutes


Today I'm sharing a cool and super helpful Instapot hack that I absolutely love! It's cheap and saves time. With this idea you can cook 3 different things in your pressure cooker at the same time. Basically your meal can be ready in 5 minutes. In my example I had dinner to cook and it needed to be done very fast. So I figured out 2-4 potatoes (fresh, depends on size). Frozen or fresh veggies. I used frozen veggie mix and meatballs.Here is the trick:You will need 2 Ikea Stabil steamers. 

They won't fit into your Instapot from the shelf right away so you will need to make an adjustment. A little hook that you'd use to attach it to the pot needs to be removed. You can remove it with pliers or just simply moving it back and forth until it's bent enough to remove it. 

You need to do this with both of them. Now you can easily fit and use them in the Inspapot.
Back to my dinner. As you can see on the picture I put my veggies and meatballs in my steamers. The steamers are standing on the rack that is included with your Instapot. I simply placed the potatoes on the rack.

I added 1 cup of water. 5 minutes of steam. Then do a quick release and it's ready. Everything was equally cooked. The potatoes were my favorite.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Anastasia, I'd like to invite you to bring this post to our Instant Pot linkup party. https://pursueyourproject.com/instant-pot-linkup-5/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! When I type in Stabil steamer on the Ikea site the only steamer that comes up is the round one that fans out! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: I take that back, didn't realize I was on the GB site. Also I was searching for Stabil steamer and it's listed as Stabil boiling insert.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50152345/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! And a pretty looking plate of food as well! :)

    ReplyDelete