Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easy Pasta Dinner in Instapot


Tired of pasta dishes that you've been cooking over and over again? Hey, maybe I have something new for you! And it's an Instapot recipe! Kids approved, picky eaters approved. You will love it. I was concerned at first about cooking pasta in the pressure cooker but it turned out just fine.

You will need:
1 tbsp oil
1 1/2 cup water
1 Pound ground beef
1 medium onion (diced)
1 bell pepper (cubed)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of salt
8 oz of pasta (I used penne)
 1/2 cup of heavy cream
some Parmesan cheese

Directions
Put the oil in the Instapot, turn it on Saute, and add ground beef and onions. When it's half way cooked add salt, pepper and bell pepper.

Turn the Saute off.  Add tomatoes and water.  Add pasta.  Close Instapot (make sure the release valve is closed) and cook on manual for five minutes, then quick release.  Turn on Saute option and add your heavy cream and cheese.  I added 1/2 cup of cheese, but it depends on how much you like Parmesan.

Cook approximately 1-2 minutes.  Your meal is ready!

5 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I mostly make stews in my Instapot, but will have to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to instapot cooking... when the directions say “add beef”, is that raw beef or browned in a skillet first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sauté the beef with the onions until half-cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was loving my instant pot, bragging to all about it. Making my dogs food was so easy! I put in the food and the water, pressed pressure cook and like magic it was just done when it beeped. Getting used to the pressurization wasn't hard at all. It wasn't really difficult to use. instant pot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you cook the pasta before adding, or add raw?

    ReplyDelete