Monday, February 27, 2017

Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Today I want to share my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found it about 4 years ago and have been using it since. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are a favorite in our family, so it's always good to have a recipe in the back pocket to pull out. Here we can whip up the dough in our KitchenAid, put the dough in the oven, and voila, cookies! My husband says they're the best cookies he's ever had!
You can't fail with this recipe unless your child will add a "secret" ingredient to it while you're not watching, or if you mess up the temperature. I like it because it's simple, fast, and has a minimum of dirty dishes.  And of course, it's cookies!  Yummy cookies!  I managed to make them while having a newborn and a preschooler so ...you can do it ;)

I also tried it with white chocolate and cranberries, and they also turned out just fine.

Here's the recipe:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup backed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
Optional: 1/2 cup craisins
Preheat oven to 375° F

Combine all sugars and butter in a stand-up mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In the measuring cup with flour, pour the salt and baking soda, mix together, and add to the mixer.  Add flour with the baking soda and salt to the KitchenAid.  After you mix the mixture in the mixer, stir in chocolate chips using a wooden spoon (I do this so I don't burn my mixer). Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 minutes (this time may depend on your oven) or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment